Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Grateful to be back!

September is here again! Cool mornings turn to warm afternoons and the hustle and bustle of school children can be felt everywhere! I am thankful to once again have the opportunity to teach the students the importance of gratitude. Over the summer we read, Be the change by Zach Hunter, a fifteen year old modern day abolitionist. The message was direct and powerful, kids can make a difference! Here are a few of our most recent jottings!

"I am grateful for the gift of life because everyday is a new adventure for me!"

"I am grateful to be a positive influence. One way I can use my influence is by raising my hand in class."

I am thankful for the gift of life! I am grateful to be alive because there is always something exciting happening!"

"I thank God for the community in which I live. One way I can make a difference in my community is by recycling."

"I am grateful for the gift of my life. I am thankful to be alive because I can help make the world a better place!"

"I am grateful for the opportunity to be selfless. Some ways that I can sacrifice for others are maybe helping someone who has a hard time in school and help them study for a big test."

"I am grateful for school because I get to have religion class and get a proper education."

"I am grateful for the the gift of life! I am thankful to be alive because the earth is beautiful and I love my family and friends."

"I am grateful to be a positive influence. One way I can use my influence top help others is by bringing up important topics to people so that they can get involved and make a difference."

No comments:

Post a Comment